re collective nouns for Animals?
Collective nouns are words used to describe a group of people, animals, or things. When it comes to animals, there are several collective nouns that can be used to describe a group of them. For instance, a group of lions is called a pride, while a group of birds is called a flock or a flight. A group of fish is called a school, and a group of cows is called a herd. Other examples include a colony of bats, a pack of wolves, and a troop of monkeys. These collective nouns for animals are useful when you want to be specific and add variety to your language.
What is collective noun?
A collective noun is a type of noun that refers to a group of individuals, animals, or objects. It is singular in form but represents a collection of things. Examples of collective nouns include “team,” “herd,” “flock,” “swarm,” “group,” and “crowd.” Collective nouns can be used to describe a variety of things, such as people, animals, and even inanimate objects. They are useful because they simplify language by allowing us to refer to a group of things with a single word.
A Pack of dogs and jackals कुत्तो और सियारों का झुण्ड
A “Pack of dogs and jackals” refers to a group of canines, including both domestic dogs and wild jackals that are gathered together in a particular place or environment.
- The Pack of dogs and jackals in the park was a common sight, with owners walking their pets and wildlife roaming free.
- The Pack of dogs and jackals in the streets was a noisy affair, with barking and howling filling the air.
A troop of monkey बंदरो का झुण्ड
A “troop of monkeys” is a group of monkeys that are living together.
- The troop of monkeys swung from tree to tree in search of food.
- The troop of monkeys had a hierarchical structure, with a dominant alpha male.
- The tourists watched in awe as the troop of monkeys played and frolicked in the park.
A team of horses घोड़ों का समूह
A “team of horses” is a group or collective of horses used for pulling a carriage, plow, or other equipment.
- The farmer relied on his team of horses to help him plow the fields.
- The team of horses required a skilled driver to steer them through the busy streets.
- A team of horses was often a valuable asset to a farmer in the olden days.
A team of oxen बैलों का झुण्ड
A “team of oxen” refers to a group of oxen (a type of cattle) working together to perform a task, typically for agricultural purposes such as plowing fields or pulling carts.
- The farmer relied on his trusty team of oxen to till his fields every year.
- The sight of a team of oxen pulling a cart was a common one in the rural countryside.
A string of camels ऊँटों की पंक्ति
A “string of camels” is a group of camels that are tied together or being led in a line. This term is often used to describe a group of camels traveling together, especially in desert regions where camels are often used as a means of transportation.
- The caravan consisted of a string of camels loaded with goods, led by a seasoned desert guide.
- A string of camels stopped to drink from a nearby oasis, providing a much-needed rest for both the animals and their riders.
A pack of asses गदहों का झुण्ड
A “pack of asses” is a colloquial term that refers to a group of foolish or unwise individuals. It is often used as a form of insult or criticism.
- The boss surrounded himself with a pack of asses who never challenged his ideas.
- The new hires turned out to be a pack of asses that had no idea what they were doing.
- I can’t believe I trusted those guys – they turned out to be a pack of asses after all.
A herd of deer हिरणों का झुण्ड
A “herd of deer” is a collective noun used to describe a group of deer together.
- The herd of deer roamed through the forest, stopping to graze on the fresh grass.
- The hunters spotted a herd of deer in the distance and quietly approached.
- A herd of deer crossed the road in front of the car, causing the driver to slow down.
A herd of swine सूअरों का झुण्ड
“A herd of swine” is a collective noun that refers to a group of domestic pigs. Domestic pigs are often kept for their meat and are farmed in large numbers around the world.
- A herd of swine was roaming the fields near the farm.
- The farmer was keeping a close eye on the herd of swine.
- The herd of swine was getting into mischief in the barnyard.
A herd of cattle पशुओं का झुण्ड
A “herd of cattle” refers to a group of domesticated mammals, specifically cows that are kept together as a unit.
- The farmer drove the herd of cattle across the sprawling pastures to the fields.
- The herd of cattle grazed peacefully in the meadow, surrounded by the rolling hills.
- The herd of cattle was led by a strong and powerful bull, which stood watch over his herd.
A flock of sheep भेड़ो का समूह
“A flock of sheep” is a collective noun that refers to a group or a collection of sheep. Collective nouns are used to describe groups of people, animals, or objects and give them a unique name.
- The shepherd was keeping a close eye on the flock of sheep, making sure they didn’t stray too far from the pasture.
- The flock of sheep had grown considerably since the last time I saw them.
- The flock of sheep was moving slowly through the fields, grazing on the fresh green grass.
A pack of wolves भेडियों का झुण्ड
A “pack of wolves” is a term used to describe a group of wolves, typically referring to the social structure of wolves in the wild. Wolves live in family groups called packs, which consist of a dominant male and female (the alpha pair) and their offspring.
- The pack of wolves howled at the full moon in unison.
- The park ranger warned the campers about the pack of wolves in the area.
- The pack of wolves ran through the snow-covered fields, chasing after their prey.
A troop of lions शेरों का दल / झुण्ड
A “troop of lions” is a group of lions that live and hunt together. Lions are social animals and often live in groups called prides, which are typically made up of related females and their young, along with a few adult males. A “troop of lions” is often used to describe a group of lions that is larger than a pride but smaller than a full-blown population.
- The local guide told us that a troop of lions had claimed this territory as their own.
- A troop of lions is a formidable force, able to take down even the largest prey.
A litter of puppies कुत्ते के बच्चों का झुंड
“A litter of puppies” refers to a group of young dogs born to the same mother during a single delivery.
- The litter of puppies was so adorable that everyone wanted to take one home.
- The mother dog was very protective of her litter of puppies.
- The litter of puppies played together in the yard all day.
A journey of giraffes जिराफो का समूह
“A journey of giraffes” is a collective noun used to describe a group of giraffes. The term “journey” refers to the movement of the giraffes as they travel together, emphasizing their long and graceful strides.
- A journey of giraffes strolled through the savannah, their heads towering above the treetops.
- The zoo exhibit featured a journey of giraffes, giving visitors a close-up view of these magnificent creatures.
- A journey of giraffes made their way across the African plain, their spotted coats blending in with the surrounding brush.
A sleuth of bears भालुओ का झुण्ड
“A sleuth of bears” is a playful collective noun that is sometimes used to describe a group of bears, especially if they are acting in a curious or investigative manner.
- We were hiking in the woods when we stumbled upon a sleuth of bears investigating a fallen tree.
- The sleuth of bears worked together to fish salmon out of the river, taking turns catching and eating them.
- I watched a sleuth of bears wander across the meadow, sniffing at the wildflowers as they went.
A herd of donkeys गधो का समूह
A group of domesticated animals with long ears and a braying call.
- A herd of donkeys grazed peacefully in the meadow, enjoying the fresh grass.
- The farmer used a herd of donkeys to plow the fields, a traditional method of farming.
- The children watched a herd of donkeys playfully chasing each other around the pen.
Collective nouns for people list
- A Pack of dogs and jackals कुत्तो और सियारों का झुण्ड
- A troop of monkey बंदरो का झुण्ड
- A team of horses घोड़ों का समूह
- A team of oxen बैलों का झुण्ड
- A string of camels ऊँटों की पंक्ति
- A pack of asses गदहों का झुण्ड
- A herd of deer हिरणों का झुण्ड
- A herd of swine सूअरों का झुण्ड
- A herd of cattle पशुओं का झुण्ड
- A flock of sheep भेड़ो का समूह
- A pack of wolves भेडियों का झुण्ड
- A troop of lions शेरों का दल / झुण्ड
- A litter of puppies कुत्ते के बच्चों का झुंड
- A journey of giraffes जिराफो का समूह
- A sleuth of bears भालुओ का झुण्ड
- A herd of donkeys गधो का समूह